Saturday, February 5, 2011

Calling a do-over



Remember when we were little kids and we could call a do-over, say if the ball fell out of our hand instead of throwing it hard like we intended? Or you tripped on your shoelace when you were in a skipping competition with your friends? Well, I'm calling a do-over on my blog.

My friend Jodi has been asking me when I'm going to update my blog (it's been oh, a few months since my last post) and I didn't have an answer. I knew I wanted to blog about something but really didn't know what I wanted to blog about. Well, now I do. After some thought about my dreams and passions, I saw what I really love is art, making a difference and cooking. Oh, and coaching people to reach their optimal health. Put all that together and I'm creating a blog on food. But not what we have come to call food in the 21st century, but REAL food, you know, the kind of stuff your grandma would recognize.

There are lots of really great food blogs already, I know. And I subscribe to a few of them and get really inspired by some of the recipes they post. So what's different about mine? Well, first I'm going to try and stick to few basic rules. Use real ingredients, keep the recipes simple, make sure they taste good and well, that's about it. Simple real yummy food. No calories to count, no nutritional breakdown, nothing more than something easy to make that will fuel your body in the way your body wants to be fuelled. I'll include some photos of the recipes as well (an added bonus for me - playing with my camera AND my food).

So, I'm collecting recipes, charging the batteries in my camera and getting out the pots and pans. Stay tuned...I've already got the first recipe picked out!

1 comment:

  1. ALRIGHT!!! good for you.. looking forward to seeing what you come up with.. some raw recipes perhaps???? waiting patiently, and nice blog design.. let me know if you ever want to create a header.. i am snap happy these days and would love to do one for you!!!
    xox J

    ReplyDelete